Medical Care at Shalom
Shalom aims to provide access to quality, affordable palliative medical care services for people with life-limiting and progressive illnesses. Quality medical and nursing care is provided to patients. The Shalom Care Centre has a 10-bed inpatient facility for treatment of HIV infected or affected people, Cancer patients, and for patients with other life limiting illnesses. An outpatient facility from Monday to Saturday is available for patients with Palliative care needs, the outpatient facility is also available for the general population. Through our clinical services, we endeavor to minimize suffering through mobilizing clinical, psychological, spiritual, supportive, and preventive services throughout the entire course of illness of our patients. The medical staff is a team of doctors, nurses, a lab technician and support staff.
Medical care is provided for control of pain and other symptoms, treatment of infections, initiation of anti retroviral medicines, and for management of palliative care emergencies and complications as and when they arise. Patients also receive supportive care, counseling, health education and follow up care. Shalom is a commitment to help achieve optimal quality of life for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and for those with other life- threatening illnesses. Care extends to their immediate families as well.
Timings for Out Patient Care:
10:00 am – 04:00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
D-167, Gali No.2, Swaroop Nagar, Near SDM Office, New Delhi – 110042
• Diagnosis & treatment of opportunistic infections
• Management of pain and other symptoms
• Monitor patients on ART & manage side effects
• Treatment of STIs and RTIs
• Provide psychological support to PLWHA, and to those with other life limiting illnesses
• Provide counseling for Anti-retroviral drug adherence
• Educate Palliative care patients on proper nutrition
• Advise for risk reduction behavior
• Laboratory services